How to immigrate to Canada via Express Entry
If you ever wanted to move to Canada, this is the time. Canada is planning on bringing more than 1 million immigrants in the next 3 years!
Dmitrii Pashtuskii is a digital nomad living in Bali, and he’s planning his Immigration process to Canada via Express Entry.
We recorded a podcast episode and Dimitrii asked us questions about moving to Canada because he wants to apply for a visa very soon:
We thought it would be a great opportunity to share our story and help others. We are also thinking of writing a short guide with more information, documents, and resources we used in our visa process. In case you are interested, you can sign up for the waitlist here.
Something that I forgot to mention in the episode is that getting here with a job will make your adaptation process easier. You will have an extra support group, which is super important when you move to a new city.
Another point is: I don’t recommend paying for a rent deposit before getting here. It’s not that hard to find places available for rent, and there are lots of scams! Once you get here, walk around the neighborhoods you want to live in, call the numbers in the listings to see the place, and bring some money with you to pay as a deposit to close the deal. Note: during summer, the rent market is a bit more competitive.
Make sure to listen to the episode to learn more.
Here’s what we discussed:
- Why we moved to Vancouver, Canada
- How VanHack helped Thiago get a job in Canada
- Why Dmitrii is planning to get a visa and settle down in Canada after living the nomad life
- How long did it take us to get our Permanent Residency through the BCPNP program
- How Express Entry works
- The tech community in Vancouver
- Life in Vancouver: Are people friendly? Is it easy to make new friends?
- Getting a Canadian Citizenship
Let us know if you want to ask more questions about this topic, we are happy to help! 👋